Monday, May 9, 2011

Whilst I was gardening last week and Alex was "helping" me yet again by relocating soil and straw and rocks around the place I had a grand idea to make him his own little garden. A special spot that is his and he can dig in the dirt, plant things, stand on them, bury rocks and seeds and anything else his little heart desires!



I decided on a little shady corner close to the house that had been overrun by mint (why did I not listen to all those people who say "never plant mint in the garden, keep it contained in a pot). I spent an afternoon removing the mint and digging out the clay and importing some fresh new compost soil.









The following day I took Alex to my favourite shop, Bunnings, and let him choose some special things to go in his garden. He chose a red pot and some pansy's and some sweet peas.







He chose some bricks for the edging and some special stones.







We added some bits that we had laying around the garden and the sandpit too.






He also chose a cute little snail, hopefully this will scare away the real snails and stop them from eating our plants!! One can only hope!





No comments:

Post a Comment