Tuesday, January 8, 2013

52 portraits

After several years of attempting and failing to complete 365 photo a day projects this year I'm cutting myself some slack and attempting the 52 week project instead! I want to capture a special moment for each of my children, including our brand new baby German Shepherd boy Xen, once a week. This may be something that they are doing or simple a look, a glint in the eye, an amazing, infectious smile. Whatever it is it will be a moment that I want to capture and hold on to forever. At the end of the year I plan to publish them in to a book! 

Week One Alex

This is a little tricky this first week of January 2013 because Alex is having a week with his Nanny so I haven't actually seen him this year yet! So instead I have taken a photo of something that is special to him. At the end of November Alex planted some sunflower seeds in our garden and has been excitedly watering them and watching them grow for many weeks. He was so proud when the first one flowered just before Christmas. Now they are all in full bloom and in rather unfortunate timing he has not been here to see them so I've had to take a few photos for him. Here's one of my favorite shots for my special boy.  


Week One Ellie

We've had a lot of special Mummy/daughter time this week with big brother away so there have been many special, funny moments. Pretend play shopping, dancing in the rain, coffee and cake dates and watching new Peppa Pig DVD's amongst others.

This coy little smile behind her hand really hit me though. Those magic blue eyes, that wildly beautiful hair, her sweet little hand. Tiny details I don't ever want time to take away from me. 


Week One Xen

Just a little sneak peek of our boy this week. At just 14wks old he is already 14.6kgs and growing far far too fast, although I am looking forward to those puppy teeth giving way to far less sharp adult teeth! His paws are already so big!


No comments:

Post a Comment