Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lemon and Yoghurt Cake


I love this cookbook - possibly the cheapest book I have ever purchased and almost everything that I have made from it has turned out so yummy! 

Last week Miss Almost 2 and I had a mummy-daughter day and made a lovely lemon-yoghurt cake.
I gave her her own mixing bowl with some flour and little bits of what I was making the real cake with. I found this easier that trying to ensure that she put the right amounts of everything in the real cake - she could make a mess and mix and add whatever she wanted then and there were no tears!



We used this yummy vanilla bean yoghurt and I really think it made the cake far more delicious using a good quality yoghurt. We also used lemons from our very own lemon tree - they were very strong and lemony and this made the lemon flavour very intense - YUM!


Miss E looked ever so cute trying very hard to squeeze in the lemon juice!

Licking the bowl and taste-testing things was defintely enjoyable!





 She even enjoyed helping to wash all the dishes afterwards


This cake turned out so moist and delicious, it didn't need icing and I may or may not have eaten half of it on the day we made it! Fresh is best!!


Very easy to make!
Grate the lemon rind finely. Mix sugar, rind eggs, oil and salt together with a whisk or food processor. Blend in the yoghurt and lemon juice. 
Add the flour and process just enough to combine with the rest of the mixture. 
Pour into a greased bar tin or a 23cm ring tin.
Bake for around 30 minutes.
Eat!!!!

1 comment: